I am a product of the Garvey School District, I attended Fern Elementary and Intermediate School which is now know as Sanchez Elementary and Temple Intermediate. From there I went San Gabriel High School and attended Cal Poly Pomona where I received my Bachelors Degree in Behavioral Science. I then attended Cal State Los Angeles and received my teaching credential along with my Masters Degree in Special Education Mild/Moderate Disabilities with the Autism Spectrum Disorders authorization. I received a seconded Masters Degree in Educational Leadership from Concordia University, Irvine.
Academic What is Academic Coaching?
Academic coaching is a designed alliance between the coach and teachers for the purpose of fostering success skills in an educational environment. It is an individualized/group process that facilitates goal clarification and achievement. The purpose of academic coaching is to stimulate and motivate teachers toward their goals by providing training, support, and feedback.
What Are Some of the things teachers accomplish with coaching?
* efficient time management
* improved organization
* sustained motivation
* effective planning and scheduling practices
* development of proactive behaviors
* regular practice of goal setting and goal clarification activities
* increased self knowledge of learning style
* elimination of fear of failure
* development of success skills for coping with learning differences
* continued personal and academic growth
* ability to move out of "comfort zone"
* renewed excitement and curiosity for learning